Friday, March 16, 2012

Jamie



I sit and watch my poster fall off the wall and along with it comes the paint, that reveals a egg shell color which tells a story about the person before me, a girl who was once a boy who has on make up to cover all the flaws when he was born into James, but that’s another story.

While that paint is coming off I sit and watch my poster, I forget James because I don’t know him but the truth is I already met him because his paint tells a story of homosexuality, broke up and mixed like a Michael Jackson story.

But he cries out to me and tells me to fix the walls with cracks that his daddy made to make him fall, but I don’t hear him because I’m too stupid to see that Jamie was once James anybody can change with surgery or just their mind nothing is wrong with their story.

Jame, james, james i am not james he said i am jamie. J.A.M.I.E I'm a girl not a boy do you hear me? James, james, james, stop even though I'm now a girl god still loves me, can't you see? see the jamie with in me?

As the paint peels off I watch like police watched those homophobes kill him in all their glory like a lion in the jungle, with the blood dripping from their lips like Jamie wasn’t a real person, but see the problem wasn’t him, it was them they say Jamie committed a sin but the truth is killing another human-being just because of their sexual orientation doesn’t make you god, but it makes you the devil for ripping him up and spitting him out like a piece of dirt on a Sunday morning.

James just wanted to be Jamie not your brother, sister or lover but just women with a penis with her head held up high despite people who call her names and beat her down just like Marco from Degrassi.

But it’s okay because I’m going to fix that paint and fix the crack that his daddy made for I am just like Jamie, my name is homo and I am very sexual so come face me and stop being a coward for I’m not ashamed of who I am your just ashamed of what you can’t be and thats the Jamie that lives with in me.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, chilling and important to share. I especially love the way you use the physical aspect of the room to convey a deep emotional urgency for connection, protection and change. This is the kind of poem that could change someones life. And you should share it both wildly and widely. Do you mind if I share it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can share it. I actually wrote this back in 10th grade and did it at the school talent show. But I added a few lines, and not everyone got a chance to hear it. But thank you!

      Delete
  2. I Heard this at the Talent show and you emotion towards it was awesome!
    It kind of gave me a weird feeling down in my guts when you read this and the crowd went wild
    You're known as the best poet in this school i think :)

    ReplyDelete