Friday, March 23, 2012

Play wright

Act one scene me.
Line L.O.V.E
You played me well.
You know every syllable that sounded me.
Clap it out, you defined me as if you dictonary.com-ed me and I find it funny because I thought I was the author of this play.
And although I gave you your leading role, you found a way to hold auditions any way.
But you're directing it, and even though I wrote the script I don't have it memorized.
you told me to go stage right, while you went stage left me.
And what is the setting?
In the palm of your hand.
You placed me between every letter so even when you sound it out, you can say you wrote me better.
I'm starting to think you co-wrote this play because there are bigger words placed,
Than the actions you say.
You show no movement, because you're the kind of actor that acts without moving.
I'm sure you know your lines.
You know me better than I do.
Act one scene you.
Lines fool me once shame on you.
Its time for the curtains to close because this production is beyond closing.
Its possible to rent a place without owning,
and this space will only hold your performance a little while longer.
This town is disowning you.
I hope you can go on acting as if nothing ever happened, but you should know my love was never scripted.
For I was truly addicted to you.
You deserve a round of applause, better yet a standing ovation,
but when you have another casting call you should know I won't be auditioning.


Statement: I don't know how to say this piece is creative. I feel as though that the fact that I created it, is creative enough and should stand on it's own. It's creative because I continuously put pieces out there for others to read. I think this poem is engaging because I talk about how my relationship with this certain person is pretty much a performance, and the fact that I talk about it in a poem which is meant to be performed it's kind of funny. It's engaging because it's real. This piece shows growth because I'm able to put the same situation and feelings into different spaces. I can talk about this one relationship forever and a day because I mean it fills up my head. It's the topic of choice, so I can get it out my head.

6 comments:

  1. this really makes me think ... about my past, and future. about relationships and all.
    its a powerful piece , can you perform this ? :) or did you do it already because it seems a little familiar .

    - jamez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I want to perform it actually, but nope I haven't already. Maybe it seems familiar because it makes you think haha

      Delete
  2. I feel the pain and effort you put into this play. The word LOVE is a strong word and I do feel as though people uses the word love to break hearts, weird right? Your a very strong and creative person please keep turning your thoughts into writing because their the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks eb, and YES!!!!!!! people love to say love and hurt you with it.

      Delete
  3. I like that I've heard you read your pieces before so I can hear the passion and emotion that lies behind the words in this piece as well as the subtle rhyming within the lines. It drew me in as I read and helped me follow the piece throughout its rising action, and falling action. I always like that you end your pieces with you on top, almost like you're the hero of the piece relying on your strength to prove to the person you're speaking to that you do not need them to make you strong; you are your own person independent of them. No matter how they hurt you or used you, you are the stronger person for it, and you can always do without them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're honestly my favorite writer in this class; you put out quality work and it's always tasteful and interesting. This piece as amazing because you related literal performance to putting on an "act" in relationships. The line "My love was never scripted" really jabbed me because to me, the whole piece comes together there-the whole metaphor. Your role, as well as the other person's. Your being natural in your emotional reactions and in relationships, and the other person's in being fake, thus needing the aid of a script.
    -Mikaela Sue

    ReplyDelete