Friday, March 9, 2012

Razor Sharp

I wear them like it's in fashion.
These things are my clothing I hang all this crap up in my closet.
I have one for everyday of the week, and believe me when the year is over I will have some leftover.
The purples, reds, and blues go great with my eyes, the colors best compliment me right before my tears drop and dries on my open wound.
These things breathe another life, that lives through every razor sharp touch.
I like to dress them up.
Pretending as if I fell, as if something scratched me, but it was me who did it.
I did it.
I like escaping in these things called cuts
bleeding with these cuts
forgetting with for a moment with these cuts, that maybe my life isn't this life that I'm living.
I'm living through these cuts
I feed through these cuts
I make up with these cuts, they are my cover for the crap I'm going through.
I may need some new skin too because this flesh is all torn up and blue.
But I wear it so well you wanna wear these blue arms too? Wanna pretend like you know what I"m going through?
You can't possibly understand because you can't wear it as well as I do.
I match my pain so well with these colors but at the end of the day when its over I cover
I can't have you looking at my colors, you'll judge because you can't afford.
Monday I wear the red
Tuesday I wear the pinks
and Wednesday are the best day for purples
Thursdays I love to wear my blues
and Friday it only bruise
but my Saturday and Sunday I'm finding a new razor to use because last weeks razor is this weeks old news.
I like to cut up because I have no more room in my closet.
If you know me so well how about you hang it up?

Statement:
This piece shows creativity because I use imagery to draw a picture for the reader. I use colors, and days of the week to express the situation which all people can relate to.
It engaging because in the beginning I don't say what exactly I'm talking about, so it makes the reader want to read on and understand the situations.
This piece shows growth because I'm talking about a topic that I've only heard about, and haven't gone through it myself so I'm trying to put myself in someone else's shoes.

1 comment:

  1. At first I was really confused on what you were talking about so i wanted to keep reading. I like how everything has a rhythm to it and the imagery used. You made things go together so well...using colors to say that you cover up your cuts just works well and its creative. Is this about your cloths covering up your scars?

    ReplyDelete